11 Reasons why Strong Couples Don’t Need To Celebrate Valentine’s Day – We find a number of serious couples, who are into true love and they stay in together in a relation for a long time. Well having said this, such long term couples do not find the need to celebrate the Valentine’s Day for validating their bond; as for them this is just like any other day. V-Day truly has become much commercialized day when it comes to show forced love too.
Many couples consider that gifting and having a date on this particular day is more like a status symbol. And many also want to show their single friends that they are better than them. At the same time, couples who are serious about their relationship and love do not feel any pressure about the same. For them, they can celebrate their togetherness anytime and no day from the calendar can dictate them on how and when they should show their love to their partners.
Let us know have a look at all those reasons as to why these strong couples need not celebrate Valentine’s Day.
1. Valentine’s Day is a crappy day for all those singles out there: Well, this many not be true, but this is how it is portrayed. One cannot alienate more than half of the population as they are single in the month of February.
2. Romantic love is not the only true love: One cannot love anyone else if they do not love themselves. Self love is more important and cannot be compared with the romantic love. Strong couples understand this and they value self love above everything.
3. Holiday with unfair pressure: There are many couples who want to share how their Valentines Day went on with their friends and co workers. Strong couples are very much above this.
4. Crowds can never be romantic: It is anything romantic being in a crowed place surrounded by many other couples who also feel the same awkwardness. This can be the least romantic setting and strong couples do not approve of that.
5. One can celebrate many other special days instead of Valentine’s Day: Strong couples look forward to celebrating many other special days instead of Valentine’s Day. The day when you first met each other, the day you had your first kiss and the day you said those three magical words. These are indeed those days which are worth celebrating.
6. They feel that romance cannot be forced: Valentine’s Day now days has become the day where the couples feel pressurised to show their love for one another. But when it comes to strong couples, they do it at their very own pace.
7. Showing affection spontaneously is more fun: Couples who are strong understand that they can surprise their love any day of the year. These are those moments which are cherished for life time.
8. They consider V-Day as a rip off: Roses, chocolates, dinner dates, and those expensive gifts do not come anywhere near the love and affection of a strong couple. It is indeed useless and not worth the money spent.
9. Valentine’s Day is just another normal day: Strong couples will not get into shock if they wake up on Feb 15th and that they have missed Valentine’s Day. For them it is just another day and missing that does not really matter to them.
10. A very typical Valentine’s Day gift might suck for them: Not everyone loves those stuffed soft toys holding hearts or those fruit filled chocolates. For serious couples, a typical Valentine’s Day gift is a big no.
11. There is some fun in boycotting social norms: Having your love with you is the best thing strong couples cherish everyday and it is the same even on Valentine’s Day. They also feel the fun in boycotting the social norms like expressing forced love on Valentine’s Day.
12. Valentine’s Day sounds superficial and meaningless: Having a great family, enough food, a roof above your head and a person to share your life with are far more important that that special date or a holiday on the Valentine’s Day. Strong couples know and understand the value of real and important things in life. They feel lucky to have them and do not believe in those expensive dinner dates or gifts.
Celebrating Valentine Week Day the way they like is the choice of the couple. While some are quite expressive and do not want to leave out this special day of Love, there are others who feel no necessity of the same. Not celebrating Valentine’s Day does not mean that there is no love between the couples. It means that they need not show forced love just for the sake of a day or for the society. For them love is far beyond all these.
Also Read: Valentines Day Ideas for Couples